Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Foot work

Pivoting is the most common thing to do when you pick up the ball and cant dribble anymore. But for me I fail to do it, because when I pivot, I sometimes fall or travel. But by following these steps, I can almost guarantee you that you wont fall or have a travel. Pivoting can help you with a lot of stuff. " Pivoting away from your defensive pressure, use your body to protect the ball, or to improve a passing angle to a teammate" (26).

As you can see in the image, when you pick up the ball and cant dribble anymore you have to pivot to pass it to your teammate. which ever leg you like pivoting on, For an example I pivot with my right foot. So while pivoting with my right foot Im rotating it while it being on the ground, but same as the left foot its rotating but its not as stable or on the ground as the right foot." stay of your heel! pivoting on your heel is a sure way to get your legs all twisted up to invite traveling violations" (27). also while pivoting have your knees bent for balance and agility. your able to freely move your left foot, instead of it being pressed on the floor.  




   this shows the right foot rotating on the ground, and the left foot rotating but not on the ground.

When you pivot, do you ever have trouble staying stable and balance?


Miller, Faye Young., and Wayne R. Coffey. Winning Basketball for Girls. New York, NY: Facts on File, 1984. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment